Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

FOB......Is it really that good?

Yetty

This topic may not apply to elk but deal with it. I had a friend email me a link to this web site about a fletching alternative called F.O.B. ( Fletches Only Better ). They look kind of silly but they claim to be better all the way around. You have to shoot a drop away rest with this "Fletch" which I do. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this product and better yet if anyone has used it before. They are making a lot of claims and they claim to be better in every fashing.

If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about go to www.starrflight.com and check it out.

I think they're a lot of hype and not much else. They've been beat around quite a bit over at archery talk and they don't seem to offer that much or any advantage over regular fletching.

I will stick with Vanes. Yetty, dont tell me you are using feathers now are you??

Starrflight Fobs are fantastic. No fletching jig to mess with. better control in Windier conditions. Stability is great and the ability to use a large weighted BH's are great. if I damage a fob in the field, which hasn't happened for me. I just pop on another fob and Its ready to go. I don't recommend that you group fobs. They can take a beating but after awhile you might start cracking the inner vanes from contact with other arrows. I shoot one Arrow per spot when practicing. Fobs are great for Long distance shooting.

Starrflight Fobs are fantastic. No fletching jig to mess with. better control in Windier conditions. Stability is great and the ability to use a large weighted BH's are great. if I damage a fob in the field, which hasn't happened for me. I just pop on another fob and Its ready to go. I don't recommend that you group fobs. They can take a beating but after awhile you might start cracking the inner vanes from contact with other arrows. I shoot one Arrow per spot when practicing. Fobs are great for Long distance shooting.

Any conflicts of interest you should disclose about your relationship with the company that makes Fobs???

Any conflicts of interest you should disclose about your relationship with the company that makes Fobs???

None. I have been shooting Fobs for years. I finally became a staff shooter in january of 09. Just as i'm a Staff member for Mossy oak, Paradigm Archery, Tachyon Inc. I believe in their gear cuzz I use it way before I ever became a staff member. Are Staffer's not allowed to be on this forum. If not, i'll gladly cancel my account. we do have opinions too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back