Florida Bear Hunting

Wow I did not know that. Tons of bears get killed every year though. I personally know a bunch of people that never reported a incident due to not wanting to deal with the FWC the sad part of that is that bear at least in the cases I personally know of never gets used other then it goes back into the ground. There are a ton of bears in Central Florida. Personally I think the numbers are actually higher then reported. We have never had sightings in south central Florida until recently and now it is all the time I hear of a bear that was seen. I have seen a few in Florida while hunting, but a lot more while trail riding in the Jeep.

I'd like to know the real story, but 59% sows, one district harvested almost 3x the quota, another 50% over, all in two days... that was a big CF.

It wasn't a quota it was just a predicted harvest, but there are some seriously heavy densities in some places and this was the first year so the bears have not been hunted. As the bears get accustomed to a new predator in the woods they will get harder and harder to kill. I have a few friends that got bears. People with land where advertising bears on there property come kill them for free we have at least X amount of bears on our property. One of my buddies passed 7 bears before he killed his in the first three hours of hunting.

One of the main things I didn't like is they issued 10x the amount of licenses to the number they wanted harvested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back