Flood warnings in Alaska

Akcabin

Hello folks. Wanted to mention that we have been having flood warnings for the past few days in South central Ak. And throughout the state a lot of rain. The creeks are running pretty high and the tioga areas are very wet n spongy. Suspect the same for tundra. The Talkeetna mts were getting over 3" a day so they will be draining for a while.
A bit of extra caution it's wet out there. But a sweeper on a little creek that is usual knee deep is now a real concern. Stay safe n have fun

I’ve been keeping a regular eye on my weather app for my drop hunt location. Has shown a chance of rain just about every day for the past few weeks, and a flood warning last week. I suspect it will limit some of the deep in atv traffic on trails that were already known to be swampy and tough to navigate. Thanks for the reminder to stay cautious.
Would sure love the temps to get below freezing at night to help with the skeeters!

The Matanuska river yesterday was as high as I've seen it in my 15 years here. All the streams between Eureka and Palmer were gushing. It was normal/dry past there all the way to Tok.

I'm a little worried about the Chugach sheep hunting starting this weekend. We changed our plans a bit to avoid stream crossings. Hopefully the fog stays away.

Tis moose season again. Hey at least getting out n still hunting is easier if you have rain to cover your sounds. And getting out explore is faster.
. There's a win in everything

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back