Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fishing This weekend

SteveM

Anyone going to brave the crowds and fish this weekend? I'm thinking about going to Pleasant Sun evening or Mon morning and try to find a quiet strip of shoreline. LOL Any suggestions where to try ?

Thanks

Steve

I've thought about trying Saguaro on Monday, but I'm having second thoughts since it's the last day of the three day weekend. I'll probably go out tuesday.

Good luck to ya Steve. I hope you can find a square inch of space to fish from! :D

John

I'm rethinking, might go down to the Tempe lake. Least I wouldn't have to worry about PWC's or tuna boats.

Steve

sunday night and all day monday the crowds are not bad at plesant... I think most people think they will be and leave early...
Delw

I'm gonna hit up Lake Mary tomorrow or Monday and stay a night or two. That's a pretty good lake on holidays, because you have to boat across to the other side to camp...

Steve, are you boatless? A great place if you are is on the Agua Fria arm of Pleasant. If you take Table Mesa road almost all the way to where the road drops down into the river bed, make a left where there is a large, flat, almost dirt parking lot-like area before you get to the eagle closure gate. Then take that road through the switchbacks in the mountains until you get to the water (4x4 is a plus, but not required). You can find a good spot in a large flat is about 2 or 3 feet deep the whole way. You can wade around and out to the deep water near a submerged barbwire fence. Look for the fence on the right, abd two large semi-submerged palm trees (that look totally out of place), a large cylindrical cement structure on the left. It is a huge flat (probably at least 3 hundred yards across) that is bordered by submerged trees. Hardly anyone fishes there. Bring your weedless rig. I've caught a couple nice bass out on the fringes near deeper water on jerks. I have a sneaking suspicion that there are still crappies hanging out there too (probably some monsters), so maybe try small jigs.

FB. Great info on the AF arm. I have wanted to try it since I got my truck, but have heard that there are lots of people going back there. Lots of quads and ATV's as well as small boats. Still might be worth a shot. We'll have to see. It's good to have options.

Steve

2fastnAZ,Would like that. I've been thinking about trying the back side of the lake. HAve you been back there lately? How much further after the bridge in the back of CC?

Thanks

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back