Fishing for prehistoric dinosaurs day 1

Brandon270

Hey guys, as much as I enjoy the day by day hunt videos, this fishing video was great! Looks like a good time and an awesome catch for all the hard work. I know you guys like to make fun of the cliche slo-mo videos out there but the shot of the water coming off the reel during a cast about half way through the episode was awesome! Looking forward to the next videos to come.

Agree it was a great video! The fish head in my cringes when Marcus calls the stonecats bullheads, though.

The fishing shows have been great. I miss sitting on the riverbank catching cats growing up in the south. Don't get me wrong, Wyoming trout are great, but sometimes you just want a chair on the bank with a rod on one side and a cooler on the other.

This is good feedback. Glad to hear this. The guys have been busting their hump and to hear it has been well received is great for me to know. This is always the lowest viewing period of the year, so experimenting with more fishing is a lower risk proposition when the seasonal viewing habits are lower.

My liver and recovery from the last bout has had me out of commission for the last six weeks and the crew has jumped in and offered to do so much. I have been absent from the channel for that time, but I am now back at it. We filmed two fishing trips already this week and they were pretty abysmal. About like some of our hunts when things don't go as well as plan. But, hopefully there is a small story in each that is worth watching.

We have been working on a lot of bigger projects the last few months. We have another film coming out on the 20th. We have 40 videos produced as part of a new project the International Hunter Education Association has asked us to do, focused on adult onset hunters who take the online Hunter Education courses. We have been out filming and scripting some really cool conservation stories that won't be finalized until next summer.

Appreciate the patience people have shown. We are about to ramp up the shooting, archery, E-scouting, and other hunting-related stuff before heading out on our first trip in mid-August. This will be our busiest season ever, with Marcus and Michael and a few others being filmed on hunts while I am out on other hunts. Guess we will see how that is received.

I have stood in almost the exact spot as them a few years ago, camping at the same area, and fished for three days with 4 guys and caught one paddlefish.
Your guys had a great trip.

We caught a lot of sauger and cats from that spot.

We did manage to slide a 14’ boat with a little outboard down that bank without losing it. That decision was sponsored by Pabst Blue ribbon late on the third evening.

We did manage to slide a 14’ boat with a little outboard down that bank without losing it. That decision was sponsored by Pabst Blue ribbon late on the third evening.

Down is easy. Did the boat make it back up the bank?

I like the trust you have in your crew to let them take an idea and run with it. The paddlefish show was great along with the grayling trip. Let'em go !

Last edited:
Keep those boys out of the office and out there making great content.

We love all of the outdoor stuff, not just hunting

The fishing shows have been great. I miss sitting on the riverbank catching cats growing up in the south. Don't get me wrong, Wyoming trout are great, but sometimes you just want a chair on the bank with a rod on one side and a cooler on the other.

You can still catch some cats around here, you just have to drive a bit from Laramie. Ive had pretty decent luck on the Bighorn around Worland if you wanna fish a river (fish the rocky riffraff by the gas station on the walk in fishing area if the flows are right). Otherwise, if you wanna go closer, check out Sloans and Absaraca in Cheyenne. Wheatland 1 has cats, as does the Platte around and in Glendo, the Glendo wetlands, the Guernsey slough, Hawk Springs, Bump Sullivan Res...etc. GF has their stocking records for the last two years on their website and you can see all the places Channel Cats have been stocked recently.

I agree that the shows are great! Plus, my wife enjoys the fishing shows and is quick to watch them with me lol. Great stuff guys.

@Big Fin We love watching you of course, but the videos with Marcus and the other are great too. I particularly enjoyed the recent YouTube episode from Arizona that showed all the different groups doing their thing (javelina, birds, deer, etc.). You've put together a great crew and all of them are enjoyable to watch.

You should of seen my boys face as he turned to me and said "Dad they are going to eat a drum" it was funny. My hat if off to you guys snagging from the bank. The spoonbill snagging here in Missouri is pretty serious stuff

Love the variety, especially since it gets more content out there for the off season.

So when are we gonna see a walleye fishing video?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back