Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First Turkey

Livnthegoodlife

I am fortunate to have turkeys in my backyard so don't be too jealous :)

----

My kids have been asking for a couple days to go turkey hunting so I finally had time off from work and we grabbed the shotgun and went about 1/2 behind the house and sat up camp. We were sitting there about 15 minutes and hear some rustling in the trees so I "try" to sneak over and get a shot at one of the turkeys but I spook them and they take off back to where they came from. So we go back to the top of the hill and sit there some more. The boys did not listen and put on warm clothes so they are sitting there freezing. We decide to call it quits and go back to the house and try again the next day. As we are walking back to the house we see about 12 of them (hens and jacks) coming toward us so we hide behind a scrap wood pile and plan our attack. They were out of shooting distance so I belly crawl aobu 20 yards and get in position. I waited until 2 of them got side by side with their heads even and I shot trying to get 2 in one shot (I have 3 tags). I get the smaller one and the larger one runs a few feet then runs back to the dead one so I try it again but I hit it in the feathers and the rest of the "herd" took off with that shot. My kids were freaking out. You would have thought I won the lottery or something. Well anyways my 6yr old picks up the bird and walks up to the house with it. The bird is about as long as he is tall. Both of the boys tell the neighbors as they walk back to the house with it. I think they were more excited that I was. The bird was no trophy but it weighed 15lbs and will make a nice meal.

The boys can't wait to go out again....either can I.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back