Caribou Gear

First trip of the year

Elkhunter

Yesterday LB & I went on our first fishing trip. We were invited to go fishing on the Big Sandy River, about 39 miles from Pinedale. It was a beautiful day, sunny, warm, slight breeze and some fish. It wasn't the best day for catching, but we got ttwo fish apiece for 6 fish, ranging from 14" - 17". They were all rainbows. The setting on the ranch was much more than we expected. The main house sat on a bluff overlooking the river and much of the property. A nice lunch was waiting for us upon our arrival and then we did a short tour of the place, changed and went fishing. Antelope were abundant and in the yard of the main house when we returned. The Oregon Trail goes through his property and there were grave sites to mark where some had not made the complete westward journey. We were invited to come back again at the end of summer when the water would not be as high and I am already looking forward to spending another day at his little corner of the world. Sorry, no pictures, just a day of fun.

Elkhunter. Too bad no pics but I must say you sure did paint a nice picture with your story. I could picture it clear as a bell. Thanks for sharing. :D

LOL Fred... :D
Great story Bill, thanks...

Thanks! I didn't know how the owner would feel about taking pictures of his place either. Maybe on the return trip we can get some pictures for all of you so Nut doesn't call me a fisher woosie anymore. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back