Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First Timer- Region R Wyoming Mule Deer

Are you wanting a mountain hunt or a foothills hunt?
I've been focusing on the foothills. I figured it would be slightly easier to cut my teeth on the foothills vs the mountain. I just didn't want to take on more than I could handle for the first year. As I progress a learn I would love to take to the mountain. Always open to suggestions as I have no experience. The only knowledge I'm pulling from is podcasts, YouTube, Robby's book and Google earth.

Looks like it could be a cold one on the mountain next week! Two of my buddies will be out there Saturday through the end of season. Myself and another won’t get out til the 18th. Gonna get western, I think!

Reactions: LCH
Looks like it could be a cold one on the mountain next week! Two of my buddies will be out there Saturday through the end of season. Myself and another won’t get out til the 18th. Gonna get western, I think!
Be prepared to cold windy hunt. Weather front coming in.

Thanks! The mountain was a mean mother and filled with elk hunters with OHVs. One guy killed up there, while the other three of us resorted to lower ground.
The deer sure get a whoopin put on em there! Holy smokes! Deer numbers seem fine, but age/genetics seem to be lacking a bit. Seems a lot of bucks in that 2-3 yr old range get shot. Super fun hunt, would recommend if you’re just looking for opportunities. We had a blast

Back