Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First Time Elk Hunter Pulled For New Mexico's UNIT 52

In my profession we refer to people like that grasshoppers. They come, they eat and they leave. Rural EMS has a very high turnover rate. They get some experience and some knowledge of the industry and they leave for the big city for the same pay but more action and leave us rural guys in a tight spot.

As an EMS guy myself for a HEMS team just want to say thanks! Couldn't do my job without great rural EMS folks! You guys are the true heros doing the same job with less resources in a lot of cases so thank you.

I wouldn't be too hard on the guy....I feel for him. Look, we are all marketed to daily on the various outdoor sporting networks in a way that make someone who has never "been there" - think that if it is done on TV in a 1/2 hour program....it must not be too hard. Most of us know that the work which goes into a successful hunt is done months in advance - AND...nothing can substitute for experience. Good advice is helpful. Reading and watching videos are great. But - nothing.....can help a hunter like his boots on the dirt he intends to hunt, and consistency of that. SO - I hope he is not too intimidated by some - albeit truthful - advice that could be taken as ...discouraging.

Experienced hunters hunters are terminal optimists. Because we live for that "one shot".

As an EMS guy myself for a HEMS team just want to say thanks! Couldn't do my job without great rural EMS folks! You guys are the true heros doing the same job with less resources in a lot of cases so thank you.
Always glad to know another EMS provider from any walk of life. Doesn't matter where you go the job or how you do the job, it's a true brotherhood. I've been fortunate enough to serve the community that raised me while raising my family in that same community.
Working a community where you know everyone can be difficult when things go sideways for someone you have a personal relationship with, but it also brings a whole new level of respect and appreciation for the ability to serve.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back