First Lite

rke

I might be late to the party here, but I just found out that they discontinued the Cipher pattern. I was given a BS explanation about always striving to put out the best patterns, but honestly, it seems like a marketing gimmick and as a consumer, leaves me with no confidence in their brand.

I know camo is a hot topic, and always debated, but if you are considering First Lite, I’d think twice.

I didn’t realize they discontinued it. Cipher was my favorite first lite pattern

Is your concern matching new gear with old? The camo pattern of the gear is usually pretty low priority for me personally for performance hunting gear. Just trying to understand what your concern is

I did like cipher. But I'm totally content wearing cipher with sitka alpine with green solids.

Is your concern matching new gear with old? The camo pattern of the gear is usually pretty low priority for me personally for performance hunting gear. Just trying to understand what your concern is

I don’t have the funds to buy all the gear I would like at once, so I buy a little here and a little there. And yes, I’m OCD so wearing non-matching patterns is a no go for me. But mostly, I just find it disingenuous.

Camouflage is an interesting market. It is actually design patented and then licensed to manufacturer. Who knows if first lite patented the pattern or the license owner decided to jump the price.

I also have some ocd tendencies but I got over that one. It took a while but I’ve found that it’s rare for one company to make the best pieces in everything. Most are really good at something and that’s what I want. I do still prefer camo over solids, but the deer don’t care if it all matches

I like my first lite stuff and go with performance over pattern any day. I too have been switching over to solids, easier that way. That said, I’m still a little salty they discontinued the forest green.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back