First grouse hunt

Bwana

Kind of slow here so I thought I would post a picture from a couple of weekends ago.

Grouse and partridge season opened a couple of Saturdays back but had to wait until Sunday to give the grouse a try because of football obligations. So I took the pups out on Sunday for their first grouse hunt and each of them did quite well.

The oldest pup showed me that the youth trap shooting program is paying off as he dropped his first 2 grouse with two shots which was icing on the cake after beating me in our last round of trap for the year earlier in the week. Pup #2 passed up the only shot he had at a grouse because he thought it was a hen pheasant (Way to go!) but was able to collect his first bird on the wing in the form of a B&C morning dove we flushed from a sunflower field. And pup #3 quickly got back in the swing of hunting after being reminded a time or two about how far she is allowed to range ahead and even pointed 3 pheasants during the couple of hours we hunted.

Most importantly the boys did an awesome job of safe gun handling so by the end of the hunt I was most tickled with how things turned out.

When we got home the youngest had to do her part to be included in the picture too.

First in-flight kill:
4173.jpg

The grouse gang minus the mutt:
4174.jpg

Nice!!! I'm hoping to get out Sunday and chase some birds. Glad to see the kido's are enjoying it!

Looks like a great time, congrats on the birds. My dog is dying to get out found a few good areas elk hunting so hopefully will get to post some pics in the future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back