First Elk sheds of 05

antlerrick

My son sent me this photo from his phone camera on Saturday...Nice bull,
And then I watched a bull drop his antlers on Monday. Took about 30 minutes of video of him trying to knock his other side off... He found 3 fresh on Saturday and then picked up the bull we watched drop on Monday...

Attachments

• 2 26 05 first elk sheds.jpg
    2 26 05 first elk sheds.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 2005 elk sheds.jpg
    2005 elk sheds.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 808
Nice sheds ! I read that story on MM your son did well . Thats one great start on some Utah elk sheds . Thanks for sharing antlerrick .

Cameron

More new bone!!

He done it again!!!
2 more fresh sets, and 1 more single.... one set weighs 13.5 each side, and the other set weighs just over 12 each side. Pretty awesome!!!

Attachments

• jace 3 6 05.jpg
    jace 3 6 05.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 6,020
  • jace bones 3 6.jpg
    jace bones 3 6.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 789
Antlerrick,

Awesome pics!! and awesome finds!! Tell your son congrats. THe only problem is that you left out the detail on when youre going to take me with you!! :D

Congrats again and thanks for posting!!

Scott

Hey Tuff, You can come and go with me anytime, but that wouldn't do you much good. All I ever get is a long, tiring hike. I don't know how that kid does it, but i swear he can smell them. I keep teasing him about smelling them but I think there is a knack to seeing brown bones on the ground. Once in a while I "trip" over one, but he usually get 40 to 50 a year to my 4 or 5...

Rick

Back