Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First elk hunt unit 75/751

Lee4340

I'm going to Colorado this year for my first ever elk hunt. I was looking for any tips or areas to look into for unit 75 or 751. I plan on going 2nd rifle season. If there is better units please let me know. Thank you!

I don't personally have experience in that area, but I do know that those are some serious mountains, if you don't have much real back country experience I'd recommend picking a unit with easier access for your first ever elk hunt. If you do have backcountry experience and aren't worried about that part, I'd say check out that area around 12,000'.

Welcome to HT.
If there is better units please let me know.
Better in what way? No one knows what criteria you used in picking
I was looking for any tips or areas to look into for unit 75 or 751.
Any pointers you receive on these units will also be available to the entire internet...so not sure how much value that gives you towards your own success. A google search of various combinations of keywords of your question will turn up a lot of info, including from other posts on this site.

I was near there first rifle this fall....lots of trees and crazy mountains. Use the search function on this forum and you will get lots of info on it.

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am looking for an area to hunt the second rifle season in Colorado. Was thinking about unit 53 but after hiking around 20 miles and not seeing very much elk sign we are looking for a different area. Unit 75 looks good on OnX and Google Earth. Since we spent most of our scouting time on unit 53 we don't have much time to scout a new unit. Can anyone point me in a direction on where to concentrate scouting? We are hiking in with Llamas and hopefully getting away from the crowds. Any help would be very appreciated.

I'm going to Colorado this year for my first ever elk hunt. I was looking for any tips or areas to look into for unit 75 or 751. I plan on going 2nd rifle season. If there is better units please let me know. Thank you!
How did your hunt go?

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am looking for an area to hunt the second rifle season in Colorado. Was thinking about unit 53 but after hiking around 20 miles and not seeing very much elk sign we are looking for a different area. Unit 75 looks good on OnX and Google Earth. Since we spent most of our scouting time on unit 53 we don't have much time to scout a new unit. Can anyone point me in a direction on where to concentrate scouting? We are hiking in with Llamas and hopefully getting away from the crowds. Any help would be very appreciated.
Any updates on your experience? Planning 2021 here...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back