First Deer with Daughter

bowhuntmontana

I have three young kids, and they are all interested in hunting. Where and how I hunt deer and elk isn't kid accessible, but I have had them out on a few lower key adventures, getting them some exposure. This year I drew a doe tag for close to home. I was most excited because this hunt was totally kid-friendly. My oldest daughter (9) and I got out for a Saturday morning, but with the full moon and warm temps, no deer were sighted, but we saw and listened to a bunch of turkeys and had a great time. We went out a week later for an evening along with a good friend. As soon as we got to our spot we spotted a doe across the draw. Two good shots later she was down. This was the first time my daughter had been in on the harvest of a big game animal and I wasn't sure how she would respond. She did so well. She was respectful, took it seriously, and was really into it. So grateful for a chance to make some memories with her and have a positive experience.

20201003_080217.jpg

20201012_184718.jpg

20201012_192843.jpg

Last edited:
Thats an awesome experience. My wife an I were talking what is an appropriate age for our daughters. 9 seems like a great age. Good work!

Great job! Way to get the kiddo involved at a young age!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like you’re running a Witt Machine brake ... how do you like it?
You are correct. It has worked very well for me. I didn't want to jump in with threading my barrel, and this was more affordable. I've had it for five plus years, and it works great. Just put one on my kids' rifle too.

Proud dad moment having a kiddo tag along. I love exposing my kids to the outdoors, although my boys are much younger I hope they are as interested as your daughter. Congrats

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back