MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

First Aid Supply procurment

That is what I thought you ment. Please forgive me, I have been pushing it to the limit over the past few weeks, purchasing a property. Tomorrow is closing, start moving and, though this sale has just flown through, getting things pre-setup is exhausting.

Is there a course recommended for better training than basic first aid?
For hunters id say a combat based tac-med course is VERY justifiable. Learn to control bleeding and how to address a sucking chest wound. Tourniquet, chest seals, quick clot, CPR... know how and when to use those. Anything else is not likely to be immediately life threatening.

STOP the bleeding THEN get them breathing.

That is what I thought you ment. Please forgive me, I have been pushing it to the limit over the past few weeks, purchasing a property. Tomorrow is closing, start moving and, though this sale has just flown through, getting things pre-setup is exhausting.

Is there a course recommended for better training than basic first aid?

Hard to beat a good Wilderness First Responder course. Lots to kill you out there beyond being shot or some other kind of mass trauma.

Carry 2 tourniquets, leg/ femoral wounds often require the application of 2 to control bleeding. CAT is the way to go, easiest to self apply. Be sure to stage them for use. If you can get your hands on some dermabond that works better than sutures.

tourniquets are to be applied as high as possible on the affected limb!!! Never at the knee, elbow or just above the wound!!!
This is incorrect. Placement 2-3” above the wound has been proven adequate. 1 TQ will do the trick. ‘High and Tight’ is still taught if unknown where the wound is. Evidence based medicine is great.

WFR is much more applicable than a ‘Tacmed’ course, unless the bears in your neck of the woods are armed. But, above all else, don't get your medical advice/training from strangers on the internet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back