FIRE!!!

JV842

D0888859-ADB0-4964-91CC-33367739F682.jpegD21AEF06-E274-44D6-B53C-0D7CABD78BF7.jpeg36E7BD20-4ADE-4650-8A25-8A8C132F9B41.jpeg47E06941-AA24-4D27-97AD-95B79D0ACEF8.jpeg7D552E77-D6F0-4543-9FAD-FE68527C7498.jpegB25523B2-E1C0-4207-B23D-97645899BBA4.jpegDBA609DA-FECE-4E81-AB34-275DED602118.jpeg
Well if anyone has heard about the fire west of San Antonio, that’s my mom’s pasture. It since has jumped into other properties. My mother’s is 420 acres. We were there Thursday getting stuff set up for the wildlife exemption tax inspection. My mom n the inspector we’re there Friday just prior to the fire. Thank God because we’re it started would have cut them off from escape n a 72 yo woman wouldn’t have been able to get out on foot; side note the inspection went well LOL! A truck was on the county road, over heated, caught fire, then pulled off the road, n the rest is history. The whole pace burned, thank God no one has been injured yet. My old ems ptnr is now a chief of an area FD and has been out there working. He said conditions r worse today; low humidity, high winds, high temp, dry fire load; so probably going to kick off again.
Multiple state n national agencies r out there working their asses off of which we r eternally grateful for!!
Prayers needed for all involved

Mandatory evacuation order in place:

Flight tracker yesterday

1648346165377-png.310814

Sorry about your family property. I am glad everyone is safe and sound. I have hunted in that general area before and if the rains don't saturate during the late winter is gets very very dry in those parts. Definitely a feast or famine kind of a thing. It will grow back with fresh nutition set to the soil and will be better than the surrounding plots. Best wishes for your family in the coming year.

So sorry to hear about the “farm” glad “mom” made it out. To early for fires in the Mountain west. Holly cow.

I could see the smoke from the fire on my way through SA yesterday. Sorry to hear about your property, hopefully we get some rain soon.

You guys be safe! Last week i guess a wind driven grass fire burned thru right along our property line on our oklahoma hunting land. Made hell of a mess of some oil rigs but got it under control once winds dropped. Its going to bad this year if we dont get significant moisture soon!

oh man - hope the fire folks get it taken care of
and yes, way to early for fire season already

The title gave me the chills and brought back memories of 2 years ago. We stayed and fought California's 3rd largest wildfire ever. I have fought lots of fires from a dozer but when it's you it's a whole different game.

thank god you're all safe JV.

another one started "in" boulder on saturday. evacuated as many as like 19,000 people. everything is under control though for the most part.

couldn't believe it when we saw the smoke plume on saturday. everyone is still a bit jumpy around here. i guess we got about a month break from fire season this year. yippee.

(not my pic - greeley tribune)
1648477834809.png

You are very fortunate to have survived and able to talk about it. I have seen homes on the ground. It's a life changing event. Not everyone survives. These fires haunt you.

View attachment 216778View attachment 216779View attachment 216780View attachment 216781View attachment 216782View attachment 216783View attachment 216784
Well if anyone has heard about the fire west of San Antonio, that’s my mom’s pasture. It since has jumped into other properties. My mother’s is 420 acres. We were there Thursday getting stuff set up for the wildlife exemption tax inspection. My mom n the inspector we’re there Friday just prior to the fire. Thank God because we’re it started would have cut them off from escape n a 72 yo woman wouldn’t have been able to get out on foot; side note the inspection went well LOL! A truck was on the county road, over heated, caught fire, then pulled off the road, n the rest is history. The whole pace burned, thank God no one has been injured yet. My old ems ptnr is now a chief of an area FD and has been out there working. He said conditions r worse today; low humidity, high winds, high temp, dry fire load; so probably going to kick off again.
Multiple state n national agencies r out there working their asses off of which we r eternally grateful for!!
Prayers needed for all involved
So glad everyone’s alright. I drove through the smoke on Saturday heading back to SA from a baseball tournament in Kerrville. It is crazy dry here, especially for March. Prayers for your family!!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back