Caribou Gear

finally in alaska

tnctcb

not quite in kodiak but i wil be on the way shortly. im in anchorage now and will be meeting mt miller at 4 in kodiak

You talked to him? Where did he get a computer in Anchorage? They meet in Kodiak today, so they'll be hunting tomorrow, eh. Good luck, three of them, with multiple tags, wow.

Yes, I talked to him. He was on a Cell phone. They work up there too I just found out. ;) He was at the Airport.. There is actually 5 of them. Ones the guide.

This this is mrs tnc.....mtmiller made it in last night got thier tags this morning and the 2 of them are going out this afternoon onpointer will be in this afternoon and if the weather holds out the boat leaves tomorrow. They dont have any cell service but if they kill deer today we will get an update before they leave port.

Do they get to fish on the boat

I don't think the boat is big enough to fish on... I did hear they might fish off the boat though. :D

Thanx Mrs TNTCB on the update !!!

I hope that the airline didn't charge Tim too much for the wheelchair for his deer( see first blood in the deer section) :D I still think its easier to find the deer if one shoots them in the head or neck hump

Good luck guys...I'm waiting for the calls....

Hunterman(Tony)

They're staying on a 53 ft boat, that sounds big, you'd need a big real just to reach the water. 4 of them with multiple tags, they might do some good. They have to go back to the boat each night though, I hope there's a good game trail or two back and forth to the boat. I guess those little boats could take them to different game trails each time out and in, I mean in and out. They go into the island, then back out to the boat.
Tonight Sep 24 Partly Cloudy N/A/43° 20%
Sun Sep 25 Partly Cloudy 56°/43° 20%
Mon Sep 26 PM Showers 55°/47° 50%

Tue Sep 27 Rain 55°/44° 100%

40s to 50s is nice, but its going to start raining. I hope they got some good hunts in so far!

Well too bad I didn't see this sight before, looks like there are some regulars in my neck of the woods. The weather has been decent for their trip so far. Some rain, but its been a dry year here (annual rainfall average is 70 so its a relative term). Anyway I'm heading out tomorrow to see if I can get a buck fro the freezer. From what I've seen and heard this is one of the best years for antler growth in a long time. We had a real mild winter last year and a good growing season this summer. Seen a couple dandy 5x5 taken and hope to put one down myself tomorrow.

Back