Finally Friday Fish Off

Nightcrawler

Okay guys.....ahem....where are all the results of last night????? Who showed? Who got what? I KNOW there has to be at least a couple good stories! Geez! It's 7:45, get your butts outta bed and post! You'd think you were out fishing all night or something.... :D :D :D :eek:

Okay, Okay hold your worm dirt on.

Kevin and I started off in the back of C.C. around 6pm. We were throwing buzzbaits along the shore and Kevin caught one right away and I quick released one at the boat. Then Kevin tied into a nice one had to be over 4lbs. That's about the time I cast my buzzbait off into oblivion (my knot failed) which gave me a world class backlash. :(

Now it was time to go look for Mountainman and Delw. Fished around the lauch ramp from 8pm until 9 when Del and April showed up. We waited a little longer for MM and decided to go fish Bass Bay which was the secondary meeting place for MM. Kevin catches another LM on a C-Rigged lizard. I catch three world class snags that require retieing everything. We decide to go up the river (so to speak). We looked everywhere for Del and April who said they were going around the corner. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We went up the river without them, never did find Mountainman. By the time we got all the way up to the end of the river it was time to crash.

Woke up late, rough night of bright moon light, wind and just general being uncomfortable. First cast with a rattle trap and I quick release a mouse. A few casts later I catch a rat. Very few boils so we decide to head back to Bass Bay. We stopped to cast at some boils on the way out of the river when a Osprey came down and snatched Kevins Spook right off of the surface. He carried it at least 50 yards before he dropped it. What a sight! :eek: :eek:

Hung out around Bass Bay the rest of the morning and chased a couple of boils but only quick released one more on topwater and that was it.

Didn't mention that I completely backlased my rattle trap rod as well as losing the rattle trap. Oh and in the night time I totally backlashed my westy rod also. Guess it's time to do a little maintenance on my reels.

Westy...

westy when went around the island(anvil rock) and when we came to the point you were at noone was there.. then dave went barreling past us so we followed him into the ramp.....
dave and I took out the skeeter for a bit and the motor was getting worse and worse, so we called it a night around 12 midnight....

Delw

LMBO...what a night! :eek: :eek:

So you backlashed 3 reels, lost 2 lures and various others to snags? Not bad for a night's work. LOL I'm sure you were saying REALLY nice things too! :D At least it was all world class. Sounds like some of my fishing practices!

So Del and April had a date, eh? Del, did April fish? Did you go slow?

Glad you guys got to get out there though.

Nope she didnt fish.. She did take a nap.. the fish generally dont bite in the main lake much between 8pm-11pm. the tributarys work the best for that time of the day.. We didnt get to go up the river like planned.....

Alan didnt make it he sent me an email late last night. he was going this am.....

I might go in a few hours. Just rebuilt the carbs on the skeeter, the thing purrs now!!!!
Waiting on bobby to give me a call. more than likely were going to go out and burn a few gals of gas then go fishing but you never know..... Always have rods in the boat.....

Delw

And that's all there is for this big event of the year of the east vs the west?

joker.gif

!!!!!THATS IT!!!!!I MEAN IS THAT IT???!!!!!
I was in hopes and wonder if this would be pulled off and only a few show!!!!!!!Wheres the pics?????I figured there would be a better turn out after the ribbing that proceeded this.....What a bunch of woosie boy's.....My god!!!!!!!This is the bunch that is supposed to make Moosie proud to show themselves on his board.....LMAO......All well....I guess if this is all of the entertainment I can expect from you sissy's....Then I guess that's the way it go's....let the hounding begin......

Nut, there are as many stories down here from hunters thatn the fisherwoosies and more pictures down here by hunters than the woosies :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back