Few pictures from Wyoming scout trip

mtmiller

Well I had a ball on my deer scouting trip in Wyoming, but I did not see too many deer. I did buy a new video camera to document future hunting trips. The stills are not great, but I will give it a shot anyway.

Although the deer weren't that cooperative, I did see lots of other wildlife including moose, elk, sage grouse and antelope at nearly 9,000 feet.
eek.gif

Here are a some grouse. In the background is one of the areas I may try to hunt. It is lower elevation with easy access.
Wyoming_deer_scouting_003.jpg

Here is another spot just over 9,000 feet. It is about two miles in and close to where I may try to start my hunt.
Wyoming_deer_scouting_005.jpg

Here is a shot of a curious doe.
Wyoming_deer_scouting_012.jpg

Here is a pretty good buck. Unfortunately he was down low and on private property. There were a couple of other bucks with this guy.
Wyoming_deer_scouting_011.jpg

And finally, here was a great sunset over Wyoming skies.
Wyoming_deer_scouting_007.jpg

Cool pics mtmiller. Glad you made it up here. Too bad you didn't see as many deer as you had wished. I think they are in hiding until the 15th of September when you have them in you crosshairs.

Not too worried about the deer situation. I am sure they were around, but it was pretty warm and most of my scouting was during the warmer parts of the day.

I did pass through Jackson saturday, but didn't see you anywhere.
wink.gif
Plenty of other folks in town though.
biggrin.gif

You definitly live in some beautiful country and I am looking forward to getting back there in September.

BTW, would it be worth picking up a bear tag.

probably not on the bear tag. the reason you didn't see me is because I was not there. I was in Idaho bringing my bear to the taxidermist.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> One of these days...I too will be able to witness that beauty! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hop on a plane in September and get you butt out here then.

I am thinking about doing a weekend hunt!

Dress in camo...carry on bag[with a clean pair of drawers]

Get Michele to pick me up at airport...

Hunt Sat. and Sun. [without a horse
eek.gif
]

Borrow a gun from someone
shhh.gif

Hop a plane Monday morning and be back at work Monday night
hump.gif

You guys should have PLENTY of camp meat after I leave...a 2 day hunt...I will kill something.

If I do this about 5 weekends in a row...I will get good use out of my Wy elk tag
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back