Not as pretty as they were a month ago.
P1100237.JPG

Sneaky owl.
P1100194.JPG

Furry critters.
P1100298.JPG

P1100281.JPG

P1100260.JPG

Seeing as I haven't quite figured out all the birds around these parts yet, but the hint that it is on a post and it could be construde as some thing else...

I would guess a rail... :)

I like the picture of that owl, that is really cool... :)

Those dang piper looking birds give me fits, 'course I'm a piss-poor birder. I like to shoot them first! ;)

From the pictures I have looked at...

Long-billed Curlew

Numenius americanus
(Scolopacidae)

But I don't think it is that one, the books I was looking in shows the bill is curved on this speices...

Marbled Godwit

This looks to be pretty close and the books descriptions hit exactly to where they like to live and play.

But with all the pictures I was looking at and all that goes with the discriptions..

I would say it is this guy...

Willet, In Wetland - Catoptrophorus semipalmatus

getItem.aspx

General DescriptionThe information for this species is not complete. We hope to have it available soon.
MigrationWillets migrate to California, the Gulf states and south in winter. The Bozeman migration occurs from May 6 to 25, with a peak on May 10. September numbers are less obvious.
Reproductive CharacteristicsNesting is from mid-May to mid-June.

Fantastic pictures once again MT.....that's a pretty good goat in the lead.....seeing lots of little waterfowl now-a-days.....should be a good year...

Good call Russ, it is a willet. The second picture shows the white/black under the wing which is a give-away. Well, back to the field.

Thanks Craig...

Had to do a little looking up and Ithica sent me some picture ID books so it helps a lot...

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back