Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Feral Cats

One of the things I like here is that the coyotes patrol town after dark. Kitty doesn't do real well in such a situation - and I don't have cat poop in my gardens.
Yeah... the yote population in MA is pretty insane. I'd say 80% of the times I go in the woods I see one... I've seen them downtown/ a ton on the beach etc.

I've easily seen more cumulatively in the last 2 years than in the previous 15 living in CO/MT.

Mice and rats eat wires and hoses. Cat's eat mice. Yotes eat cats. I shoot yotes and buzzards eat yotes and crap all over my truck. The circle of life.

The feral cats on most farms in this region, including the farm I am on need to be purged of the hierarchy of the gene pool, except for the most experienced mousers! I am currently on that purge now as the inbreeding causes illness . One winter I took down every cat on the farm, they were all sick! I took down the meanest , ugliest , biggest tomcat last week you ever saw!

I grew up on a farm we had livestock and crops. It was a cycle of too many rats or too many cats.
Yep, we left cats alone in farmyards or near grain sites. If they ventured out trying to hunt game birds they were labeled “ditch tigers” and they didn’t live long.

They are a huge pest in Australia and they kill the crap outta them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back