Favorite Target (for practice)

CB1

What is your favorite target and why?

I am currently shooting a cheap bag target from Cabela’s and it works fine. Might upgrade to something like the Rinehart 18-1 or a block target after I shoot through this.

Depends on how much you shoot.

I had a rinehart pyramid that was new last year that is already shot out. Bought a Morrell 4 side bag this year and have nearly shot out one side, but the others are holding up well. I figure I'll get 2 years from that one and then have to purchase again. From my perspective, thicker is better.

Have 2 of these Bulldog targets and they have really held up. I think one is 4 years old and although I haven't shot bow much in the last year, for 2 or 3 seasons it was shot at daily.

I’ve had a spider web target for probably 7-8 years that has seen a lot of use and has help up pretty well. I use a Blob target for broadheads and it’s been decent as well. If I was starting out buying targets again I might just pony up and buy a Matrix

The Block Vault target is awesome. Spendy, but holds up very well on both field tips and broadheads, worth the investment

I’ve shot about everything out there over the years. Right now I also have a Cabela’s bag for field points and a Block Vault for broadheads. This is the last season for the vault.
Going to invest in a Matrix modular target next year. It’s very pricey, but I think it’ll be worth it. Can change out the modules instead of buying a whole new target.

The Morrell Outdoor Range Target is what I use and recommend.

I just bought a new one last week because my old one was shot out but I did get about ten years of life out of it. Not bad for $120 target.

I wish I had a permanent range but I have to run out so some public land to shoot. I have a Reinhardt 18-1 as my primary and love it. Field points, Broadheads, 55# recurve or 70# compound. It’s big enough to shoot multiple dots at 20 and usually at least hit the main bullseye at 60. I think this is the 6th season and it’s starting to have some holes from Broadheads at the same time slicing out chunks.

I picked up a hurricane storm last year on sale (24” I think) and it has been pretty good too. It’s nice to have the bigger face for my recurve stretching out and while tuning in my compound.

I shoot into the matrix. It holds up very well to broadheads as well.

Field points would be a bag target, for broad heads I like the old school open faced block target, the new block targets for broad heads wear out kinda quick because whenever you remove the arrow it takes a little chunk of the smooth faced material with it.

Have shot a bajillion different types over the years but been having a lot of fun lately doing the kick/throw random yardage thing with this little guy (its 9"). Kind of aspire to the "Aim small…miss small" philosophy!

Couple of downsides, its difficult it is to pull your arrows out with carbon they grab the target pretty bad, aluminum arrows don't stick as much. Also when hit the target it often rolls/shifts, so follow-up shots to the first arrow can hit and damage your first arrow. I tend to just stick one and then re-toss at a different distance. Lastly, if you wife/gf tends to be a little ornery (like mine) they just might make a little video of you following this ball around the back yard that will make you look somewhat like an idiot...and no I wont be posting it!

targets.jpg

I bought a matrix last fall. I shoot quite a bit and I think it is for sure worth the money. Was shooting through other targets in about a year with broadhead practice. Now this matrix is sticking around for quite a few years i would guess

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back