Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Favorite feed.

engman99

What is your favorite brand of feed?I like diamond myself.And another thing.Ever find a new brand of feed,dogs really do good on it,and then they change the formula on you and cheapen the feed.Man I hate that!

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

I tried diamond once and my dogs wouldn't eat it. I don't feed them the most expensive feed but, they stay tooooo fat and have plenty of energy on Hound Dog. I have feed the more expensive feeds, but I never could tell any difference in my dogs. So I just stick w/ Hound Dog.

I like Iams dog food but you know how that goes. I have two different rations. In the summer when they arent working that hard and it isnt cold I feed my dogs Wal Mart dog food. In the winter I use the highest protein dog food I can buy and then feed them meat scraps from the local butcher too! If we loose a cow or a calf they get that too! I am sure the weather has alkot to do with most people feed their dogs. I just like to do a little more for them in the winter. And of course when we get a lion, they get to feast on that too!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

I hate Wal-mart feed.My dogs crap 4 times as much on that stuff.I found a new feed the other day that I like.Its called Buddy Boy.26% protien 18% fat.They dont hardly crap at all on this feed.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

I look for meat, meat meal based food, Wal-Marts OL'Roy, high protein or dog chow is corn based, takes 2 times amount of feed to keep them looking decent on it, there stool is loose and crap like you said 4 times as much.

------------------
chewin_md_clr.gif
GatoMan

Eng99, if you can find BlackGold around you I would give that a try, there blackbag is 26/18 and there blue bag is 24/20, I think you would like it

------------------
chewin_md_clr.gif
GatoMan

Yea,I was feeding Sexton Bros. feed.It was like 26%-18% too.Everybody around here talked about how good a feed it was.So I tried it.Yea,the dogs did good on it but they crapped a ton.I read the label,guess what,corn based.Its hard to find a good dependable feed,thats why I posted this question.I was hoping you all would put me onto some good ones I have not tried yet.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Back