Father & Son first time (Cow) Elk bowhunting WY 25/27?

blink

Taking my son finally on an Elk hunt (bowhunting for a cow) into unit 25/27 Wyoming – finally after years of talking about it. Being almost 55 best to do this now while I still have my health. We both live in Wisconsin and have hunted Whitetails for many years. I hunted Elk about 20-years ago guided so I have an idea what to expect and prepare for. I plan to go out there maybe in July to prescout some before season starts. I have yet to contact WY biologist for any tips but will soon. Not looking for any secrets from anyone...just if anyone has any tips on getting into some cows where I might start? I appreciate your time to help us out! You can certainly PM me and thanks in advance!

I don’t know that area but hope you guys have a great adventure! Let us know how it went on the flip.

Will do Mtnhuntr! If I can share with others and help another hunter out, I’m all in. Especially when it comes giving our youth a great experience! When I was growing up my graduating class was probably about 90% full of guys who hunted and fished, sadly today my sons class has maybe 10% and its dwindling fast. Hunting is getting attacked from all angles and if us older hunters do not start promoting, helping, etc. hunting as we know it will be over.

Back