Far Eastern Montana, fishing? hunting? hiking?

brettlapp

I'm looking for like minded individuals to go hunting/hiking/fishing with. I'm in Culbertson, so closer to that the better. the problem is, I'm out of shape and I'm trying to change that. And by that, I mean I'm morbidly obese.. I've got to change this, not only for me, but for my kids.

Anyone around these parts?

from eastern Montana, but a long way from Culbertson.

The best of luck to you on getting your weight under control.

Here's to 2019 being a great year to enjoy the outdoors and improve your health! The weather is warming up, and there's no better way to exercise than through doing things you enjoy.

I'm looking for like minded individuals to go hunting/hiking/fishing with. I'm in Culbertson, so closer to that the better. the problem is, I'm out of shape and I'm trying to change that. And by that, I mean I'm morbidly obese.. I've got to change this, not only for me, but for my kids.

Anyone around these parts?
I wish I lived near by, but I'm not. One thing I did and still do enjoy is a good hour hike around a small lake, or along a good logging road. I prefer a rural setting with a well maintained trail. Walking my dog or just a nice stroll. If I'm feeling up to it maybe a little fishing or a nice grouse hunt. Sometimes just a nice stroll with a scenic backdrop encourages you to want just a bit more. It all starts with a nice day and nothing better to do.20181123_092927.jpg

Im about as far away as youbcam be and still be in MT. But commend you on getting on it! My best friend in college was 400 and slimmed down to 220, just by cutting out sugars and going to karate. So it can be done!

I find it easier to get out and exercise if I'm doing something somewhat fun.. look for shed antlers, mushroom hunt, scout new public land spots, etc. to fill in the gaps between hunting seasons. I'd rather take a beating than get on that danged treadmill, but do that sometimes as well.

I wish I lived closer to you I always looking for someone to go with. The thing with weight loss and keeping it off is not about new fad diet it is a lifestyle change. Find something that works for you and keep with it. Also you can not out run a bad diet.

I'd get the OnX app and explore the small parcels of BLM land south of the river. Hiking around is the easiest and most enjoyable way to stay in shape.

You also have an open invitation to come hike around with a cousin that is about 100 miles west of you. ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back