Family vacation 2022

cur dog

The family will be touring around Montana and western Wyoming over the next 9 days. We will be staying near Butte tonight. Does anyone have a favorite place to eat?

Particularly if some one has a Birthday, they treat you well there.
Yes, they do. They reduce your dinner price by the percentage number of your age. We took Mom to the Montana Club in Great Falls when she turned 100 (free dinner). She was delighted to be "carded" to confirm her valid age to be served a glass of wine! :D

Maybe, we could be on one of those viral YouTube videos.
We are headed to Glacier first, for a few days. Given the current conditions, we might be bypassing Yellowstone this trip.
Looking at the weather forcast for NW Montana, you could be falling out of the fry pan and into the fire.

Lydia’s, the Barclays in anaconda, the hitchin post in melrose are all good choices. The hitchin post has great burgers.

Skip the Montana club, it’s basically Applebees. The rib and chop is ok but Butte’s is the worst one out of all of them.

Lydia’s, the Barclays in anaconda, the hitchin post in melrose are all good choices. The hitchin post has great burgers.

Skip the Montana club, it’s basically Applebees. The rib and chop is ok but Butte’s is the worst one out of all of them.
Ate at the Butte Chop house while at the MT WSF event and agree. Hate giving restaurant recommendations anymore because a lot of restaurants are struggling finding help and quality is day to day.

I was in Miles City last December and was told the rib&chop house up there was shut down due to rats. The one in Laramie is usually pretty good. They must be pretty hit and miss.

If you go past Big Timber Iron Star Pizza is great, or at least it was for us. Be sure to check out the Fort if you are in Big Timber.

The recommendation for the Montana Club was spot on. Lots of variety and good service.
I didn’t mention earlier that there are 6 of us. My kids are 16 and 19. My oldest just finished her second year of college and will likely be spending next summer on campus. We have also brought along my 78 yr old mom and dad. Everything takes a little longer with more people involved.

I keep telling myself to just slow down and enjoy the trip and enjoy the time with my kids and parents.

We are headed up to Columbia falls today. I know the rain, snow and road closures will effect what we are able to do there also. We’ll the make the best of it, and have fun.

Thanks, to the folks who have chimed in and sent PM’s. I appreciate the input.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back