Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Family tent

We also have a 10x14 Kodiak. Easy to setup and can handle some wind. Last fall we were in at 7k ft in WY sagebrush and had a lot of 30-40 mph winds and it did well.

Kodiak tents look about like they will take as much time to setup as my big tent
I just bought their flexbow 10x14 this spring for hunting trips and family camping trips. It’s not as fast to set up as a traditional tent, but once I kind of figured it out, I set it up in about 20 minutes by myself. I think after a little practice, I could set it up in 10-15 minutes with a little help from my wife or even by myself including pounding all the steaks in. If you get a chance to see one set up in person, you’ll probably be surprised.

We have a Cabelas Guide Dome 6. But it's too damn bulky and heavy, though bomb proof. edit: The non-wally world, three above would be my preferred alts.
I have this same tent, though it may be 4 person. Definitely bomb proof, but a PIA to set up. I use a 6 person Kelty something now. Cheaper, works fine.

I am very mechanical and can see everything in my head on how to do a project. She needs big picture instructions with step by step numbers. Our brains think completely different and we have always struggled with joint tasks.

On our camper I have designated chores and so does she. We don’t get in each other’s way or even attempt to do the other persons. It works out good for us.

I am very mechanical and can see everything in my head on how to do a project. She needs big picture instructions with step by step numbers. Our brains think completely different and we have always struggled with joint tasks.

On our camper I have designated chores and so does she. We don’t get in each other’s way or even attempt to do the other persons. It works out good for us.
It was a joke. We’re the same way.

another vote for the Kodiak/Springbar 10x14 - love mine,, on season 3, starting 4 this fall,,,
not hard at all to put up, takes a bit longer to put away, but that's mainly due to the rolling for storage

I just picked up the Coleman cabin 6 person tent with instant set up on amazon prime day yesterday for $110. Can't really beat that price for the few days a summer I will tent camp with my 2 girls. We take the 5th wheel most places so no real need to fancy or the best for what I do with it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back