Family from Gilbert, AZ

Hi all! I found this forum after binge watching a ton of Randy's YouTube videos last week.

I'm a single dad with a 6-year-old daughter who loves the outdoors as much as I do. We've been camping, off-roading and exploring AZ backcountry together since she was in diapers, but I've just started getting her interested in hunting, fishing and kayaking very recently. We've started off small with squirrel and rabbit hunting and have a coyote hunt coming up soon, but next year we're hoping for a deer or elk tag here in the state. I'm a novice hunter myself, only having done a few guided big game hunts out of state in the past, and some small game hunting as a teenager. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can online before heading off into the field for our first DIY hunts next year.

Anyways, glad to be here!
Having been in your shoes as single dad and raising 2 little girls solo for almost 9 years. You are in for a treat. You are in for a headache. You are in for a huge learning curve. You guys will gain a bond closer than you could ever imagine and in the end it will be some of the best times of your life. Man are you in for some weird conversations!!
Welcome to the forum. Tons of great and useful knowledge on here and lots of really good people.

Having been in your shoes as single dad and raising 2 little girls solo for almost 9 years. You are in for a treat. You are in for a headache. You are in for a huge learning curve. You guys will gain a bond closer than you could ever imagine and in the end it will be some of the best times of your life. Man are you in for some weird conversations!!
Welcome to the forum. Tons of great and useful knowledge on here and lots of really good people.
No doubt about it! I'm loving every minute. There's ups and downs, and I'm not exactly looking forward to the teen/pre-teenage dilemmas, but I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.

Thank you!

Looks like good times with your daughter! Keep spending time together and building that relationship and someday when the tough times come she will respect you more and not want to disappoint you with bad choices. My daughters are my favorite hunting and fishing partners. At age 20 and 24 they still really enjoy spending time in the outdoors with dad. Enjoy the ride, it's awesome!

Looks like good times with your daughter! Keep spending time together and building that relationship and someday when the tough times come she will respect you more and not want to disappoint you with bad choices. My daughters are my favorite hunting and fishing partners. At age 20 and 24 they still really enjoy spending time in the outdoors with dad. Enjoy the ride, it's awesome!
That's awesome. Cheers to that! 🍻

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back