Family from Gilbert, AZ

0uTkAsT

Hi all! I found this forum after binge watching a ton of Randy's YouTube videos last week.

I'm a single dad with a 6-year-old daughter who loves the outdoors as much as I do. We've been camping, off-roading and exploring AZ backcountry together since she was in diapers, but I've just started getting her interested in hunting, fishing and kayaking very recently. We've started off small with squirrel and rabbit hunting and have a coyote hunt coming up soon, but next year we're hoping for a deer or elk tag here in the state. I'm a novice hunter myself, only having done a few guided big game hunts out of state in the past, and some small game hunting as a teenager. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can online before heading off into the field for our first DIY hunts next year.

Anyways, glad to be here!

Welcome to HuntTalk!, I remember your intro from the AZ hunting forum. There's a lot of information to be found here
Thanks, and that's the idea! No such thing as too much information. I'm looking forward to drawing from experience all over.

We raise White Doves,and the cage fills with Sparrows.I will shoot one and give it to
him,he runs off and beats it on the ground then throws his head back and swallows it hole.
He also sits on the wood pile and ambushes lizards.He also comes to the window when hungry. 🔥 002.jpg

Welcome aboard. When she's old enough (10, with hunter's safety class I believe) apply her for all the youth hunts you can. you'll have a blast

We raise White Doves,and the cage fills with Sparrows.I will shoot one and give it to
him,he runs off and beats it on the ground then throws his head back and swallows it hole.
He also sits on the wood pile and ambushes lizards.He also comes to the window when hungry. 🔥 View attachment 119925
Awesome! Love watching them do work.

Welcome aboard. When she's old enough (10, with hunter's safety class I believe) apply her for all the youth hunts you can. you'll have a blast
That's the plan but still many years away. She's just tagging along with me until the time comes.

Awesome! Love watching them do work.

That's the plan but still many years away. She's just tagging along with me until the time comes.
He hunts all day,even when he's full he keep's extras. His name is Rowdy,may change it to Gordo! 🔥

No tags this year and unfortunately no fish biting either, but we had a great weekend out practicing anyways!

1574098031126.png

1574098052043.png

1574098078915.png

Last edited:
Hi all! I found this forum after binge watching a ton of Randy's YouTube videos last week.

I'm a single dad with a 6-year-old daughter who loves the outdoors as much as I do. We've been camping, off-roading and exploring AZ backcountry together since she was in diapers, but I've just started getting her interested in hunting, fishing and kayaking very recently. We've started off small with squirrel and rabbit hunting and have a coyote hunt coming up soon, but next year we're hoping for a deer or elk tag here in the state. I'm a novice hunter myself, only having done a few guided big game hunts out of state in the past, and some small game hunting as a teenager. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can online before heading off into the field for our first DIY hunts next year.

Anyways, glad to be here!

Welcome fellow AZ resident here. Arizona BHA is very active and has good oppurtunties to meet other hunters and do some hunting. If you ever need a partner send me a message.

Welcome fellow AZ resident here. Arizona BHA is very active and has good oppurtunties to meet other hunters and do some hunting. If you ever need a partner send me a message.
Awesome, thanks! We were going to do the BHA squirrel camp together this year, but it fell on a weekend we had prior obligations. Hoping to be able to catch their next event, whatever it may be.

Awesome, thanks! We were going to do the BHA squirrel camp together this year, but it fell on a weekend we had prior obligations. Hoping to be able to catch their next event, whatever it may be.

It was a great time!

Kiddo helped me reload for the first time tonight and did great. I let her run 10 rounds almost on her own and she had a blast!

She said "it's like arts and crafts" :LOL:

IMG_20191123_160715.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back