Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fall Turkeys

bowhuntmontana

It has already been a great fall for us, with a nice buck, a cow elk, and a mule deer doe. I also have a few fall turkey tags and it has been really enjoyable to get out and hunt. I've been able to find a few birds pretty close to home allowing for some morning hunts. I punched one of my tags last Saturday morning and another one today (hence the Halloween costume). The kids have gotten out with me a few times, seeing and hearing birds, and having good times. They weren't with me when I got each bird, but they were pretty excited about them when I brought them home. I smoked the first bird and made some schnitzel for lunch from the second. I don't know why I do anything but the schnitzel. It is so good.

20201024_094327.jpg

20201031_102229.jpg

20201031_112859.jpg

great job. I'm currently looking to get on some turkeys. nearly sealed the deal last Sunday. And I just ate some schnitzel for lunch. good stuff.

great job. I'm currently looking to get on some turkeys. nearly sealed the deal last Sunday. And I just ate some schnitzel for lunch. good stuff.
I went out again this morning 60% for the exercise and 40% for a chance at filling my last tag. I've seen a group fly down to a point three times now. But that point is a few hundred feet up a very steep face. So, I hiked into that spot in the dark. Saw birds again, but wouldn't you know it, they roosted lower and flew down to a different spot I've also seen them go to before. Still a good way to start the day.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back