fall bear hunting

bhuntin

Hey guys and gals-

I have never hunted bears before and have a few questions.

- Is the meat from bear better in fall or spring?

- Where can I find info on hunting fall bears?

- What are downsides to hunting bears in fall vs spring?

Thanks for the help.

I agree with^^^, fall bear is a little better, both are good. Spring is nice for processing and packing out, due to not having to deal with the extra fat. Hides are better early spring or late fall. Spring can be iffy due to rubbing, if it is a warm start to the year or you are hunting late in the season. As far as fall vs. spring I think the food source location is the key no matter what time of year you are hunting. I think calling works better in late spring, but have had some success during both time frames. Boars cruising for sows in heat also makes late spring interesting. All that said, fall season, between late August and early October is my favorite time to hunt bears. Still lots of daylight, making bears that are trying to fatten up for winter more vulnerable. Plus the food sources that time of year make them more exposed in our area.

google bear hunts to see where you want to go. idaho has OTC tags. maine is same thing. minnesota is a draw. going to minnesota this fall. like in 4 weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back