Eye Relief questions

44hunter45

I was told by someone whose opinion I respect that my Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42 does not have enough eye relief for my 358 Norma Mag project. He says 4" eye relief for all magnifications is minimum. They recommend a Sightron S-TAC. 3-16x42. I'm struggling with the idea that a $500 scope belongs on a custom build.

Who shoots heavy recoiling rifles and what glass are they using?

My favorite and best scope is a khales 525i it has 3.75" eye relief on a custom camber 300norma that does recoil a little. Just shy of 4" is a standard it seems on magnums. I know the hd5 do have a shorter relief but best you look it up better yet mount one if you have option. I would use what your comfortable with but a sightron wouldnt be on my hunting rigs. Lots of good glass out there now...

My favorite and best scope is a khales 525i it has 3.75" eye relief on a custom camber 300norma that does recoil a little. Just shy of 4" is a standard it seems on magnums. I know the hd5 do have a shorter relief but best you look it up better yet mount one if you have option. I would use what your comfortable with but a sightron wouldnt be on my hunting rigs. Lots of good glass out there now...

That's right where I am on this. The Kahles would have me divorce court. I think I could get into a Leupold Vx5hd and not end up on the couch.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back