Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ethics

Irrelevant

What are they in terms of shed hunting? I just can't bring myself to go out when the green-up hasn't started and the snow is still so low. Heck, I bailed on my last chukar hunt because I was just bumping too many critters. But I still see guys a half a dozen pullout here along the Columbia heading up looking for the. I think I wish there was a general closer until like April 1st. What's everyone else think?

I aggre I wish we could have a gentlemens agreement not to screw with the animals till latter in spring.

I never thought about until I heard there were places in Western Colorado that have closed dates for shed collecting. Where I hike, it's not really an issue. I might push some deer a bit but I don't think they are stressed like they might be in deep snow country. Plus, I'm not out there much until later. That said, my concern has been related more to the removal of calcium from the food chain. I know the squeekies like the chew it. That concern has never stopped me from collecting sheds (I love them, just to hang them around and look at them), but I told my son that when I die I want him to cut all my sheds up into un-usable pieces and go for a long hike around our place, scattering them back where they came from.

I never thought about until I heard there were places in Western Colorado that have closed dates for shed collecting. Where I hike, it's not really an issue. I might push some deer a bit but I don't think they are stressed like they might be in deep snow country. Plus, I'm not out there much until later. That said, my concern has been related more to the removal of calcium from the food chain. I know the squeekies like the chew it. That concern has never stopped me from collecting sheds (I love them, just to hang them around and look at them), but I told my son that when I die I want him to cut all my sheds up into un-usable pieces and go for a long hike around our place, scattering them back where they came from.

That is interesting, I've never thought of the loss of minerals to be an issue, but you got to figure that it is a relatively rare mineral in many natural systems. Especially in areas without limestone or dolomite deposits (pretty much all of the cascades).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back