ER Shaw Rebarrel

deer_shooter

I wanted to share my experience with ER Shaw on a rebarrel they did on my Ruger M77 300wm. I called them back in February of this year to schedule the drop off as they are only about an hour and a half away from me. I went with 24” factory contour replacement. At the time the guy told me they were running around 4-5 months lead time.
I got the call a few weeks ago that my gun was ready, so just about 3 ½ months. When I dropped it off, I’d had a couple light primer strikes and thought I might need a spring replacement. They disassembled the bolt, thoroughly cleaned everything a put back together at no additional cost and it seemed to be ok. Turns out the spring was weak, and I only made it through the barrel break in before I started getting light strikes again. I called Shaw back as they do some gunsmith services and they said no problem, if I got a spring they’d install it. I picked up a new spring and new trigger while I was at it and took the gun back to them. They installed both while I waited and didn’t charge me anything. Very happy with the overall experience and best of all the gun shoots really well.

I have 3 E.R. Shaw barrels.
Happy with all 3!
One purched from private individual in 257 Roberts, that i reamed to AI.
1 was a "factory over run special" i purchased from Shaw for $100 in 250 Savage.
1 i purchased a 284 Win barrel from Shaw also.
Never had any smith work done by them, as i do my own.

I went the DIY route with an E. R. Shaw .35 Whelen barrel and barrel change kit on a Savage 111 originally in .30-06. It went really well for me and the thing was a tack-driver.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back