Equipment: Upgrades, Replacements and New Additions??

My goodness. How could I forget the biggest piece of gear we picked up for the coming season?

She's 10 month old and coming along nicely in her training. Her name is Greta, but her call sign has quickly become Groot.

Thinking of picking up the Tenzing upland vest to go with her.

I’ve got the Tenzing. I like it quite a bit. But I see the wingworks JLS mentioned and I’m wondering now!

glad you made the move?

I never used a GPS last year. The only time I regretted it was chukar hunting late in the year and I had deleted an “off-grid” area that I was intending to hunt that doesn’t have service. Found a good hill with service and was able to download it.

glad you made the move?

Very much so. I had to replace my old iPhone ' went with the Pixel 2, which gives me 128 gig of memory. No complaints about storing maps or working off grid. I'll give it a better airing out this summer but so far it's been a huge improvement.

JLS, I'll take a look at that vest. Thanks!

This will be my first hunting season where I'm not changing anything. I think I finally have my gear list dialed. (Until I see something really cool I didn't even know about.)

Hoping to pick up an exo 5500 this year, maybe a jetboil. Other than that I'm pretty well set.

I’m thinking of upgrading my day pack (Slumberjack 2500) to a Mystery Ranch. Am also looking for new boots (currently wearing a new pair of Crispi around the house to evaluate) and adding a spotting scope. Probably will go with Leica or Swaro but could be convinced to go with something else. Time will tell.

Looking into a wall tent, not sure what brand, design, or dimensions yet but been researching. Probably have to order sooner than later if I want to use it at all this fall.

I am hoping to add another mystery ranch pack to the gear list, the Mule in subalpine for short day hunts. Using the Marshall for short hunts has become overkill and I find myself taking more gear than I need. Additionally I plan to upgrade my bimos to Leupold BX-4 HD 12X50's from Vortex diamondback 10x42.

This year will be my first experience hunting big game. I'm on a never ending shopping spree buying everything you can think of. Still need the following: compass, gps, onx, surgical knife, boots, base layers, outer layers, cold weather sleeping bag, emergency kit, etc. Sooner or later I'll be looking for archery/muzzleloader gear so I can extend my hunting ops, probably next year though. Good thing my retirement situation is pretty squared away.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back