Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

EPA Shows Pollution Risks to Children

Ithaca 37

Let's hear from everyone who doesn't think the environment we all live in is important!
biggrin.gif

"Children are getting asthma at more than double the rate two decades ago, and one of every dozen women of childbearing age has blood mercury levels that could hinder brain development in a fetus, the Environmental Protection Agency (news - web sites) said Monday."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030225/ap_on_he_me/children_pollution_5

I think anyone who likes children and is not an environmentalist has a screw loose!

Yes, it is too bad the word "environmentalist" has such a negative connotation associated with it. You're right Ithaca, everybody should be an environmentalist. All except for the ones who are greedy and care about nothing but themselves and the money they can make by ignoring the environment. I'm guessing the reason for this is the hard core groups that are against using any of our natural resources for any reason. They don't want one tree cut down, they don't want any animals killed, they don't want any fish killed, they don't want any worms drowned trying to catch those fish, they don't want people to own any dog, cat, livestock, etc. It is the extreme radical nuts that have these kinds of views and they're very much in the minority, but I think this is what most people think of when they hear the term "environmentalist." And this isn't really what an environmentalist is. An environmentalist according to my dictionary, is "a person who seeks to protect the environment." And who doesn't want to do that, to some degree? I would think that hunters in general would be more for protecting the environment than your average non-hunting person that never gets out of the city.

Washington Hunter,very good reply.
I might add that it goes both way's,if a person doesnt like being lumped in with the radical invironmentalist ,they should not be lumping everyone else into the anti-invironmental group.
A difference in how much to manage an area or what use is to much in no way means a person is anti-invironment.

Likewise being a supporter of ranching,logging,ATVs or any number of the things that we can enjoy does not make someone less involved ,or anti-invironment.
In fact I think the people that are working towards finding good solutions to the problems we have and still being able to keep an open mind are the ones making our invironment better.
We have all seen good invironmental/green org. that are doing a good job.
As well as some of the mulitaple use type org.

Thanks Ithaca!! I haven't had any children and look what previous generations left us!!
wink.gif
**Please everyone read that as tongue in cheek humor** I just hope that humans will start to see their impacts and start to work for better solutions. We depend on good habitat just like any other species and like any other species too many of us and their will be dire consequences. I have a feeling that in the next 100yrs even the US is going to have to face the population growth problem. Well, I guess it depends on how long you baby boomers live!!!
wink.gif

One thing we all must remember, is that every part of the landscape is of some value to society, no matter who much of a wasteland it can appear to be. That can be from producing food and fiber, or even oxygen, or cleaning our water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back