Caribou Gear

Elk in waterhole question

mtmiller

You guys are on top of things. Does anyone remember the origin of the picture with about 30 elk standing in a waterhole? A friend just sent me the picture and said it was a recent shot from Washington.

Well I know it is not recent, but does anyone know the truth about the shot and location?

I got the pictures in an email also and was told they were on the Hanford reservation, in Washington. Don't know it that's true, but I do know there is a lot of elk on Hanford, and they don't get hunted so I suppose it's possible to have that many bulls all together at the same time and place. But, I still have my doubts.

I was under the impression it was a game farm, but it is possible that its the Hanford herd.......can you zoom in and look for ear tags? do any of the racks look weird like game farm elk racks? I dont have the pic anymore.

E

Horn Seeker, Game Farm Elk have Normal antlers and They don't have Tags in their ear's. YOU need to stop reading the S.I. section :D

Swiminghole.jpg

Resolution isn't good enough, but I "THINK" I can see a tag in a few ears??? Horns look normal though. But I guess that doens't mean anything anyway!!

Moosie said:
Horn Seeker, Game Farm Elk have Normal antlers and They don't have Tags in their ear's. YOU need to stop reading the S.I. section :D

Swiminghole.jpg

It's not Texas either. :) The water's too clear. ;)

So that's how you get the ladies wet, I had it wrong all this time.....oh gotta go something just came up.

HoofsUp said:
On game farms they usually saw the antlers off. :confused:

Nope, there are Several around here that they don't cut the antler off. And the places that they hunt elk... Well, It wouldn't behove them to...right ?

My buddy swears these pics were taken July 27th of this year, but I am sure I saw them last year. Can anyone provide me a link that would prove this is not a recent pic? gracias....

well, Here is an Email I got last year (I edited who it was From but could send you the origional Email if you'd like. It has an Internal Tracker that can''t be change tracking the Email....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:27 PM
To: Blake Crowther (E-mail); Husk (E-mail); Russell' 'Skeem (E-mail)
Subject: FW: Elk Watering

> From a local stock pond................
>
>
>
> > <<Swiming hole.jpg>>

tell your Buddy unless he took it notto swear on what he hears.....

Also, If he said he took it never ever ever believe him again, He's a Fetching liar !!!

It aint Hanford either, theres not that much greenery on the entire res at the end of july. The only time you see anything there is at night when they are glowing!!!!!!!! :D

Back