Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk hunting partner needed, Montana 2021

buckykm1

do to medical issues my current partner won't be able to go in 2021, unfortunately he has pancreatic cancer.
So I will be looking for a partner for 2021, it's will be a DIY hunt. Rifle,
I will leave on Sunday October 17th and head back home Saturday the 30th. 2021
our success rate has been pretty good at 50%.
realistically it would need to be someone that lives within a hour or 2 of the Kalamazoo, Michigan area, so we can get to know each other.
the trip usually cost $2,100.00 each, $1,000 of that is the license, which needs to be applied for in Mid March, the balance covers Gas, food for camp, propane, and gas for the Generator, and Motels while traveling to and from.
we will be staying in My Cargo Trailer that I converted into a toy-hauler, it's very comfortable, heated, full kitchen, shower, porta potti. Freezer to bring our Elk home in, and a Generator to run everything at camp.
you will need to be in decent shape, and be able to hunt on your own, I will show you the areas that we hunt, But I'm not a guide, so you will be hunting on your own,
If interested lets talk.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 118
I haven’t set plans for 2021 yet. I think I will be focused on a CO cow moose and maybe a WY cow elk if your interested.

Dang Kevin, sorry to hear about your partner. Next year just might be the year I actually get down to your camp and say hello.
Whoever is smart enough to hook up with you will be enjoying a 5-star hunting camp!

Dang Kevin, sorry to hear about your partner. Next year just might be the year I actually get down to your camp and say hello.
Whoever is smart enough to hook up with you will be enjoying a 5-star hunting camp!

Thanks Buddy, it's been a while since we have talked, I got rid of My personal phone and only have My business cell now. Not sure if you have that number ?, I've thought about calling you numerous times, but with the time change, when I think about it, it probably isn't a good time to call. do you still have the same number ?.

Kevin

Sorry to hear about your hunt partner Bucky. I've know you through several forums and we've DM'd a number of times. No doubt 5Star trip with you bud.
Keep in touch.

Sorry to hear about your hunting partner. I live in Kalamazoo (Texas Twp.). I went archery hunting elk in Pagosa Springs, CO last September. We went 1 for 4. If you are still looking for a partner and I can convince the wife, I may be able to go. Do you need preference points?

Sorry to hear about your hunting buddy. I wish I still lived closer, I would have definitely jumped at this opportunity having 4 point in MT for the General tag this year. There are several people up in that area who lurk around and one should pop up to you in the near future.

Sorry to hear about your hunting partner. I live in Kalamazoo (Texas Twp.). I went archery hunting elk in Pagosa Springs, CO last September. We went 1 for 4. If you are still looking for a partner and I can convince the wife, I may be able to go. Do you need preference points?

Hi
When we apply I always buy a Pref point then, it seems to help draw.
I am talking with a couple guys right now that seem somewhat serous about going ?.
if, your Wife will let you go ?. I would be more that happy to talk to you about it.
tell me a little about yourself ?
My big thing is finding the right person to go, needless to say, it could be a long 2 weeks with the wrong guy.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I just turned 50, and I have a son at Notre Dame and a daughter at Grand Valley. They both went to Mattawan HS. My daughter used to take softball lessons in Vicksbur/Schoolcraft. I love to also golf and play in a league at Pineview. We moved to KZO in 2005 from Pittsburgh. I’m fairly active and love to archery hunt. I typically travel to Pittsburgh and 5 outta the last 6 years I went to Kansas to chase whitetails. I’ve DIY antelope in WY in 2019 and this year elk in the CO Rockies. I don’t have many hunting contacts in MI. I do hunt a farm near my house. Nice property but gets a little to much pressure. I would definitely like to talk with you. If this year doesn’t work out because you already got someone else, maybe we can still develop a friendship since we live so close.
If you PM me I’ll give you my cell phone number.
Jason

Looking for a partner also. Open to Montana (gone last 4 years) and wyoming...saving points for years. In indiana willing to travel to meet up & see if we are on the same page! Hope so

Attachments

• Elk_Best3.jpg
    Elk_Best3.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 26
I have 2PP for montana and will be applying soon. I too am planning on going solo currently. I live about an hour north of GR. I have hunted in MT 2 years, successfully both times, in the past. If anyone wants to talk about their upcoming trip or check out different gear let me know.

Back