Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Elk draws

jharcourt8

So talking with a buddy of mine we were having a discussion on wyoming and other non resident draws. Was wondering what others take may be on this. Do you feel with idaho selling out so fast this year...well almost...so quickly, do you think draw odds in other states will be better or worse? On one hand maybe those people won't put in because they already have tags or do you feel that put more pressure on guys putting in because they won't be getting an otc idaho tag. I guess if others are like me they will try for that second tag still haha

We might not change the odds but there are 3 in my group that usually hunt Idaho. Our usual unit was sold out before we got to it and we'll be applying in Wyoming because of that. At least Wyoming has a party application.

Every single year there are theories about why odds will be worse or better. Every year tags get tougher to draw. The effects of Idaho will be negligible. Expect the usual point creep and tougher odds for Wyoming.
This. We're going to be taking a very conservative/cautious approach to our applications this year, lest we end up watching from the sidelines.

I have a feeling a lot of guys who are banking on 2-3 point WY general elk tags will be sorely disappointed.

This. We're going to be taking a very conservative/cautious approach to our applications this year, lest we end up watching from the sidelines.

I have a feeling a lot of guys who are banking on 2-3 point WY general elk tags will be sorely disappointed.
Shoot my 4 better draw a general missed out on my idaho hunt

I’m hopeful that 3 works this year.

This is where the WY results extension Out to May gets me sideways because in a vacuum I’d dump my embarrassing amount of CO elk points if I dont draw.

note: I understand why WY moved back, just a minor bit of whiny-ness on my part.

I’m glad I have 4 elk points and 5 pronghorn points in WY. Means I should be able to draw a general elk tag for the foreseeable future along with a decent pronghorn tag.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back