Elk Caught in Avalanche

Caseknife

Wonder how frequently this happens, probably not to this extent very often.

NV_ARCH3R

I saw this in another thread and had this to say. I looked it up online. got a few questions. 1. they responded to a collar that indicated a dead elk. how long did they wait all there appeared to be was bones and hair. 2. they found 4 collars. were they old collars and didn't send a dead elk signal, dead battery or didn't work. 3. they thought a landslide killed them but from the pics and vid I couldn't see where a recent landslide had happened. and again all there was were bones and fur.........mmmmm I'm thinking more likely a sasquatch butcher shop!

TheTone

Collars not working is all too common anymore so that may be some of it. Having to purchase collars typically at low bid leads to collar companies making crap. Also getting to a mortality signal can be a pain at times due to winter/access. I’d guess that played a part in why these weren’t checked on sooner

Mallardsx2

I would say that the slope had ice on it and they tumbled to their death. But I could be wrong. Something very similar to this happened in New Zealand and it killed a ton of animals.

This video shows how brutal nature can be.

Duckdude10

Wonder how frequently this happens, probably not to this extent very often.
Wow that is crazy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micheal Kimberly