Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Eliot Spitzer working hard!

Hangar, "BHR - I figure if Buzz & Ithaca are calling me stupid, I am on the correct side of the argument."

What a joke! :D You and BHR trying to debate me and Buzz! :D :D

"BuzzH - I don't have the right to purchase it at the location of my choosing. True or false? Glad to hear you haven't been duped by the silly ol' NRA."

Yup, You don't always get to purchase everything at the location of your choosing. Isn't life tough? :D I wish I could buy guns at my local 7-11, but I can't. And I have to go all the way to one of those darn state liquor stores to buy booze! :D What an infringement on my rights! I think I'll go tell my mother! :D Grow up, Hangar, and quit letting the NRA dictate your thinking process------if you have one.

I'm not going to bother taking BHR off "ignore" to see what he posted, but I'm thinking about putting you on. :D

Meanwhile, how about telling us what the Attorney General of California has ever done to help you. I told you what Eliot's done to help you.

What does that have to do with Spitzer? |oo :confused:

I have never claimed that California's AG has done anything for me, that he has done more or less than Spitzer nor am I supporting California's AG in his political endeavors. What does that have to do with Spitzer and his political future? It is only applicable if he were running for Attorney General of California.

1) How can a professed hunter support any gun control candidate?
2) Run the guy and you will take it in the rump again. He will not appeal to the majority and if I remember correctly that is what it takes to win.
3) Same old crap, different thread.

Ringer said, "How can a professed hunter support any gun control candidate?"

Good question, which is EXACTLY why I wonder why "professed" hunters support shrub when he said he would re-sign the AWB?

The same reason I wonder why a "professed" American who believes in civil liberties would support a candidate who signed law stripping Americans of their rights ("patriot" act).

The same reason I wonder why "professed" hunters who support wildlife and the environment would support a candidate who takes executive measures to destroy both.

I wonder about the same things you do Ringer...I dont know why anyone would support a president like shrub...totally unbelievable.

Ringer- I don't know anything about Spitzer (other than the little I have read about him on this thread and one other). That being said, gun control is tricky at best. The NRA wants everyone to believe "the sky is falling" whenever someone talks about any restriction on the buying of a gun. *note it is in the buying, not owning of a firearm. I've heard the slippery slope argument when dealing with guns and I agree with it to some extent. Logically, I see the need to restrict some firearms (types and in certain places). Restrictions are placed on many things to protect the greater good. Has your right to bear arms (2nd amendment) ever been infringed based on a court ruling, congress or a President? If it has, I would get ahold of my local district attorney because you would have a large settlement in your future.

Matt-Nope. I have had the right to carry concealed for the last 12 years. Now the legislature is going to let me carry into a bar. I have been legally carrying a loaded gun in my glove box my whole life here in Arizona. I live in a great state for the second amendment but I seriously think Elliott would have a stroke if you tried to get the same rights in NY. Last I heard NY had taken away about every right you could have on the second amendment and therein I rest my case.

Buzz, you can snipe at Dubya all you want about the AWB but I will lay money down that he is more pro gun and pro hunting than about 90% of the democrats out there. He has really pissed me off the last couple of years and I may not like some of his policies but show me where Kerry would have been better. Most politicians are sneaky, somewhat corrupt and do not truly represent the people who elected them. I don't have much use for any of them.

ringer said:
Most politicians are sneaky, somewhat corrupt and do not truly represent the people who elected them.
That about sums it up, the question is "is Spitzer like the rest ?"

Remember you said if it IS happening (losing your second amendment rights) it isnt paranoia...therefor if it ISNT happening it must be.

Buzz, Is this you saying that everything is black and white and that there are no shades of grey? I can't believe my eyes.. Or is that the new proof of the elitist mantra? "I am right because I am me and you are wrong because you are not me"?

:cool:

IT,

Heck with the gun issue. I'll give your boy a second chance on that one. Tell me where he's stands on dam breeching. I doubt he's as big of a fuitloop as you and Buzzard on that one. Waiting for your response with open mind. (Maybe you could talk Eliot into taking few minutes and telling us here what his thoughts are, that would be nice).

DanR- gun ownership is granted in the constitution under the 2nd amendment. Some have unsuccessfully tried to say the 2nd amendment does not apply to individual ownership. Buying a gun is not guaranteed by the constitution. Most of that is left up to the individual states, just as gambling, hunting, etc. is left to the states to regulate. (Division of state and federal power). Your 2nd amendment right has not been infringed.

If you can own a gun, you must be able to buy and sell it. Just about the definition of "own" - it is yours to do with what you like. The right to property, and the right to buy and sell property, is indeed, in the Bill of Rights, I believe. All rights may be limited, of course. But your line of thought is not coherent - your right to buy and sell may be limited, but it exists, subject to law.

Calif Hunter- There are limitations on what you can buy and sell. There are thousands of laws on buying and selling but not ownership of...If you have a can of beer (own it), try selling it to a minor...good luck. You can only buy and sell a certain number of vehicles without a business license (in Montana anyways). Yet you can own as many as you wish. These are just a few I can think of in a short time but there are many, many more.

Are any of those an outright prohibition of selling something you legally own, subject to the concerns expressed by limiting legislation? (Like the proverbial example of yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater, or threatening the President?)

It is a specious line of thought that goes nowhere. Admit it.

You cannot own alcohol under the age limits set by law. So it figures that you cannot sell to a minor. Your argument goes nowhere.

Thank you Matt, but I believe I am the one who posted just a while ago that the Constitution provided the right under the federal government and all things not specifically granted the feds by the Constitution were reserved for the individual states. So we agree on that. Why are you reminding me?

and as a point of interest...I've known lots of people who claimed to own beer. Truth be told, you never own beer, you just use it for a while. It always finds a way back.

:cool:

CA Hunter, "What does that have to do with Spitzer?" I'm just pointing out how far ahead of the rest of the AGs Spitzer is. Any AG could be uncovering abuses like Spitzer has if they had the brains and guts. I don't see the other 49 AGs doing much at all. Howcome Spitzer seems to be the only one who can figure out what the mutual fund industry and ins. industry were doing? From what I can see, he's doing 100 times more than any other AG.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back