• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Electronic Callers

FEW

Wondering if anyone here uses e-callers for varmints. Anyone have any reccomendations on what kind to buy? I have looked at a couple and they seem about the same as far as features and price go. My buddy bought one a few years back and it was so quiet I didnt like calling with it I had more success with hand calls, but I cant remember what kind it was. I wasnt really planning on buying one but I came home yesterday to an unexpected $2000 check wahoo!! I guess I used a payoff date that was a few months old and overpaid my mortgage when I sold my house last month! So I am gonna add another hunting toy to the collection, or two or three maybe some fishin gear, I gotta find a way to spend it all before I become logical and decide to pay off bills. :D

Tom

I have the old classic, a Johny Stewart 512 with tapes. The newer digital ones invented by Burnham Brothers, they have a web page too I think, are neat because you can switch sounds by pushing a button instead of having to change tapes. The electronic callers are great by me! A remote control lets you get the speaker out away from you without having to lay wire each time too. I guess if you're worried about loudness then you can get the bigger speaker, they have different sizes for differenct loudness.

Here's their electronic call.
http://www.burnhambrothers.com/calls.html

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-10-2002 13:17: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

FEW

Thanks for the info Tom. I have been looking a little online will check for their webite.

Doug

I also have the Johnny Stewart cassette caller. I like it, but if I was in the market for a new caller, I'd think about the new Johnny Stewart CD caller.
Doug