Caribou Gear Tarp

elec caller choice, and caliber choice

nvhunter2

I've pretty much always used mouth calls and love doing that but i think im going to try an electronic call. Looking at the FoxPro Spitfire, which one do you use, which one do you like?
Also looking for a new coyote gun, the 7mag is just a little hard on them, although they generally dont get up and run off. Looking at several calibers .204, 22-250, .223, .243, kinda stuck between the .223 and .243, who likes what? Thanks!

I'm trying out my FoxPro Wildfire and Mojo Critter in the morning, I'll let you know what I think. Can't go wrong with either rifle. I like an AR-15 myself.

The Fox Pro is really a great call. It is light weight and works great. Wildlife Technologies definately has better sounds but the remote is a little awkward and the call is heavy.

I use the .204 rugar with hornady 32 grain v-max and that PUTs them down.

Good luck with your purchase.

Used the FoxPro Wildfire for the first time this morning, work as advertised. I was a little disappointed in the max volume, didn't seem very loud. I hunt an urban area that has a lot of background noise(highways, tractors, etc.) so I think that was drowning it out a little. Going to pick up a external speaker. The Mojo critter also looked good ran for 45 minutes in 17 degree weather, no problems. Screwed the Mojo on a tripod to get it above the 15" of snow. Nothing came in, but was nice to take the shotgun for a walk.

I still use mouth calls. Have a bud I go with that uses electronic callers and he has a Minaska, and the Fox pro. He usually is using the Fox pro though. I don't know why other than lighter to carry.

I use a .220 swift, and a .223 WSSM. around here you need enough oomph to kill a lion, or a wolf, should one show up.

I guess I am just old school,still use my wooden mouth calls. If you are trying to save the fur I would stay with the .22 caliber rifles.If you don't care then anything goes. I have a pair of Remington 788's, .223 and 22-250 ,I also use my T/C contender .223 14"barrel 3X scope..funner than heck when they come in under 150 yrds.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTP1029
Back