NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Eisner Liked Farenheit 9/11....

JoseCuervo

Although he wanted to protect his shareholders, so he declined to distribute the Record breaking, Block buster movie, Eisner found it entertaining.

We never did get Nut and Nemont's movie review? And I am sure Cali has seen the movie by now... :rolleyes:
Disney head liked 'Fahreheit' though he wouldn't release it
Associated Press

ASPEN, Colo. -- Disney chief executive Michael Eisner has seen Fahrenheit 9/11, the film that The Walt Disney Co. refused to distribute -- and he liked it.

"The reason it is a hit is it's entertaining," Eisner said last week. "I thought it was like going to a rock concert. I loved it, but not in a political (sense)."

Eisner spoke at Fortune magazine's fourth annual Brainstorm conference, co-hosted by The Aspen Institute.

Fahrenheit 9/11 criticizes President Bush's response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and the war in Iraq. The documentary has filled theaters since its release in June, drawing a record-breaking gross of $94 million.

Eisner has said Disney decided not to distribute the film because its shareholders and customers do not expect it to be a partisan company.
Interesting that Eisner does not want to be a partisan, yet I believe some of his radio stations broadcast Rush.... :rolleyes:

Back