Eastern Montana mule deer outlook around miles city,broadus,ashland,

In 2 decades, I've yet to see a decrease in pressure in that part of Montana.

Ok getting nervous,I'm hearing two sides of a coin am I gonna see a hunter on every ridge top even if I get off the road a ways and if the roads r dry can u pull a small travel trailer on them

I've never seen a hunter on every ridge, but some of that depends on when or where you hunt. The best advice you've been given is get out and walk. The roads get driven a lot and usually 1-2 ridges away from the road you will start to see things. The roads become interesting when they get wet but usually dry quickly with some sun and wind. I've seen guys take 5th wheel campers in on the 2 track up in the breaks. Most of the 2 track I've been on would be fine to pull a camper on but be watchful of the weather.

Honestly it's not crowded at all you won't have a problem finding a place to hunt. Where are you from?

Missery,it's right next to Kansas. My sons first time out west hunting,really just want him and my wife to have a good time,I just enjoy being outside.found out quick bma type 2 is a joke.how r the type 1?

I think it depends where you go... I got a decent buck on a Type 1 bma last year and for 10 days didn't see another hunter. I called ahead to get permission but once there I just drove up and knocked on doors and didn't have a problem.

Minnesotans, two point bucks by the roads, dust, wind or snow. Lots of bitching 'it ain't how it was in x years'.
Good beer and steak in broadus. Crappy but cheap hotels. Same with Ashland.
Don't camp on the res.
Tons of great info here. There's a fine line just west of Ashland.

There is so much focus on that part of the state and that habitat type by most Midwest and eastern hunters that its just boggles my mind. Yes, I know BigFin hunted there or___you name it____ hunting show was there but there are so many other habitats and areas within that state that hold good numbers and better quality of deer. You can pick almost anywhere in that state and if you put your time in you will find a decent buck (if its not over pressured).

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back