Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

East side of the Crazy Mountains

Wing certainly knows there will still be lots of bulls packing, but if he can get in early...he'll get the big ones first without too much competition... the masses will hit hard soon...

Wingman...where abouts are you referring to...Crazies? Breaks? your Snowies hotspot?

Do you really think the majority of branch-antlered bulls will be shed by this weekend or are you merely scouting for wintering bulls for a later return?

How low do you have to fly to spot sheds? Interesting concept...flying for sheds...I was curious if folks did that around here.

Seems to me a lot of your 300"-330" bulls will still be packing for about 10-14 days

Pretty much fly all of the breaks. And a few other undisclosed spots. Im not after candle stick holders. The heavier the horn the earlier they fall off. Hey bivy are your initials WS?

Wing certainly knows there will still be lots of bulls packing, but if he can get in early...he'll get the big ones first without too much competition... the masses will hit hard soon...

Spot on horn seeker, I prefer no competition. Looking for sheds like the bull you shot last year. Lucky bastard:)

Lucky bastard

Well, I have had the luck conversation with others.... yeah... there was luck involved... there was also a little persistence involved... Notice I didn't say anything about skill...

Is it not funny what we will do for fricken antlers? More money and time is spent hunting for horns (either shed or on the critter) in just Montana, every year, than probably the gross domestic product of 19 outta 20 3rd world countries!!!!

Well, I have had the luck conversation with others.... yeah... there was luck involved... there was also a little persistence involved... Notice I didn't say anything about skill...

Is it not funny what we will do for fricken antlers? More money and time is spent hunting for horns (either shed or on the critter) in just Montana, every year, than probably the gross domestic product of 19 outta 20 3rd world countries!!!!

Lucky bastard was meant in a good way. I know how hard it is to come by chances like you had.

Wingman...nope not my initials.

I'm just a hiker...I like to get out and go for the occasional spring time stroll...but 330" sheds are fine with me :D

You aren't the guys that come over in a small red ranger are you?

I need to keep some of you guys in mind for this year when I need help packing out my 350+ bull from the crazies. A helicopter would sure come in handy for getting in and out. Takes most of the day to hike my camp in, multiple trips. I've got no horses nor ATV. So I do everything by foot unless i can con some poor soul to help me.

You let me shoot first and I'll bring the horses;) Looks like a little effort and some new exploring has paid off for you. Nice bull.

Bart, I'd be more than happy to let you shoot 1st at the block.:p You'll have no beef with me. Now when it comes to a nice bull, that might be a different story.

You realize that NRs are on a limted quote right?

I've always said if you complaing about Non-residents hunting in MT, you better be hunting in your own county, because odds are you drove a heck of a long ways to get to where you are. The area I grew up hunting in SW MT was usaully over run with instate hunters... most of them driving 4-6 hours to get there. ID and WY were less than an hour drive. Of all the cars parked at the trail head I was usually the ONLY one from that county, and it wasn't because I was stupid or there was better spots. The last time I drove by the parking lot... there was 25 trucks and not a single plate from that county, about 6 NR plates, the rest were 'in state' hunters. Talk about crowding and ruining a spot... 15 years ago I was usually the only person to hunt the area in archery season.

Its public land, they aren't making any more of it. Finding a place to go is getting harder and harder. Its unfortunate that magazines share our favorite spots.

Why are you arguing? I was just making a point....geeez.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back