Earth Day

lpcoutdoors

"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time to plant a tree is today." Chinese proverb

Anyone doing anything for habitat? My son wants to plant a tree and my daughter wants to pick up trash in the park. Maybe to the first, but I don't really want to go to the store, you know, Covid-19, and heck no, sorry daughter, to the second, you know again Covid.

You could join a new conservation organization today and go volunteer for their next habitat project after the Rona calms down.

I'm not doing anything directly today. I'll be working on a nonprofit grant proposal that will contribute to habitat improvement this weekend though.

You could join a new conservation organization today and go volunteer for their next habitat project after the Rona calms down.

I'm not doing anything directly today. I'll be working on a nonprofit grant proposal that will contribute to habitat improvement this weekend though.

We just joined Quail Forever and the kids are going to do an "advocacy" project on behalf this afternoon, after school work completed of course! And you are right on this Rona, can't wait to get back out there, whether public land or our place (don't want to travel, its a ways) and do something.

Your grant work sounds interesting, I'd like to get in on learning about that kind of thing. Best of luck to you on it!

We have some garbage bags with every time we go out. Could make it a full-time job picking up beer cans in the NF around here. I planted a lot of trees for habitat on private land in 2013-2017. Would be fun to do some of that again.

Saw this quote online today, which I feel fits Earth Day well: "We have reached the time in the life of the planet, and humanity's demand upon it, when every fisherman will have to be a river-keeper, a steward of marine shallows, a watchman on the high seas. We are beyond having to put back what we have taken out. We must put back more than we take out." - Thomas McGuane

And of course Aldo Leopold: "It is inconceivable to me that an ethical relation to land can exist without love, respect, and admiration for land, and a high regard for its value. By value, I mean something far broader than economic value; I mean value in the philosophical sense." - Aldo Leopold

I know I am a day late, but should we have wished Earth a happy bEARTHday????

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back