Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Early spring effects on bear hunting?

PatrickK

I am a fairly inexperienced bear hunter and I was wondering how this warm spring in Montana may effect bear hunting this season. I have read that bears, for the most part, will come out of hibernation at about the same time every year regardless of the weather unless their den is flooded or they are otherwise disturbed.

I don't normally see black bears until about the 1st week of May but maybe this year I should head our for the opener? I have green grass sprouting in my yard and noticed some green stuff at a spring at roughly 7,000 feet last week. So I think the bears will have plenty of green to eat as soon as they come out of their holes.

Patrick

Heard on the radio that grizzly bears in Yellowstone are coming it f hibernation.

They have one confirmed - supposedly his den got flooded. A lot of years there is a bear or two wandering around in February but it seems to only make the news when its warm out.

Patrick

Hope it dont cause to many.problems .
The wife and I are ready to start hiking thats for sure .
We have a area that we seen a 350 plus blonde bear in and hope to get my wife on it this spring.

MT.PERCHMAN

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back