Early Season Public Land Nebraska Mule Deer

I'm looking to possibly go down to NE for the first week of archery season 2021 and need some tips of where to go for a solid mule deer hunt. Would love to get in contact with one of y'all to possibly hunt with or to just give some necessary information.

While I’m waiting to draw somewhere else I figured sense it’s an otc state I could get out there to learn some stuff and possibly put down a buck. What state would you suggest.

CO, WY, ID, NV, NM. I’m assuming you’re building MD points in one or more of those states already, but you can still get a lower choice tag or leftover tag in many of those states. If you have specific questions about 0-pt MD tags in any of those states, feel free to post here.

There are numerous threads on here forewarning warning folks tempted by NE public land MD. The NE literature makes it look inviting, but in reality the vast majority of opportunity exists on private land. A lot of people have the same thought process as you, and public can receive a ton of pressure. Going to a little more trouble to learn draw systems in some states gives you a much, much expanded menu, and it’s not unrealistic to have an area to hunt where you won’t bump into other hunters at all.

Another way to sharpen your hunting skills for archery in western terrain, also consider WY antelope, or WT in western ND or NE, if you want a shorter drive from WI.

If you're looking to do an archery mule deer hunt i would put in for the any deer archery tag in north dakota. The numbers and quality of bucks is considerably better on public there than in Nebraska

CO, WY, ID, NV, NM. I’m assuming you’re building MD points in one or more of those states already, but you can still get a lower choice tag or leftover tag in many of those states. If you have specific questions about 0-pt MD tags in any of those states, feel free to post here.

There are numerous threads on here forewarning warning folks tempted by NE public land MD. The NE literature makes it look inviting, but in reality the vast majority of opportunity exists on private land. A lot of people have the same thought process as you, and public can receive a ton of pressure. Going to a little more trouble to learn draw systems in some states gives you a much, much expanded menu, and it’s not unrealistic to have an area to hunt where you won’t bump into other hunters at all.

Another way to sharpen your hunting skills for archery in western terrain, also consider WY antelope, or WT in western ND or NE, if you want a shorter drive from WI.
I’ve heard some of the same from NE but a few success stories made me think twice. Reading more about it the amount of public land doesn’t seem to be all that it’s hyped up to be.

I would love more information about the 0-pt MD tags so if you could direct me in where to find it or if you have the knowledge base yourself it would be great if you continue the thread here or pm me and we can talk about it!

If you're looking to do an archery mule deer hunt i would put in for the any deer archery tag in north dakota. The numbers and quality of bucks is considerably better on public there than in Nebraska
That the next state I was told to look into. If you have any advice or tips it would be great if you would share!

The NE "Chamber of Commerce" will love you long time.

They'll sell you a sweet siren song .....come out to ranch boys, Virgin daughters, and home-made tortillas for everyone.

But in reality they're like the outfitter who only has 2 shooter bucks on his leases, but still goes ahead and sells 73 hunts.

#Itwasstillfunandwelearnedalothaha

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back