PEAX Equipment

Ear protection for kids

mtlion

I have a little one almost two now that's going to do a lot of bear hunting with me this spring. I'm looking for some good ear protection for him, hopefully something that can grow with him. Anybody out there have any advice on what to get?

I got these for my kids (5 and 2.5). They handle ear plugs OK (both have had tubes in their ear drums, so they are used to wearing them during bath time). But I wanted something that I could visually check quickly before a shot. They fit them well. I got them at the new Cabela's in Missoula.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Pro-Earsreg-Revo-Passive-Muffs/1391959.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D40%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DEar%2Bprotection%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3DEar%2Bprotection%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D10%26y%3D6&Ntt=Ear+protection

I don't have kids so my experience is limited to observations of others. Last night at the local brewery they had a small band playing and a gal had her youngster wearing a pair of those SNUG headphones. The music was unnecessarily loud for such a small place but he was happy as a toad with them on.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll be checking out both the suggestions. He's going to do a lot of hanging out with dad during hunting season. I get to hunt just about every day I want if I'm willing to tote him along so I'm adapting my strategies. :)

Good to know about the music too. We were actually planning on taking him to Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss in Missoula this summer as well as another concert we are getting free passes for and were thinking these would be handy there.

Take your boy to the monster trucks next time they are in town. They sell small ear muffs for kids. We have a pair that are always in the shooting bag

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back